.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

December 08, 2005

Mobile Madness

I'll tell you what, if NTL does buy Virgin mobile, I will swiftly move my business elsewhere. NTL only want the Virgin name because theirs is so very, very tainted with their shockingly bad customer service record.

(Tip: if a company sales line answers straight away, but its customer services leave you on hold for in excess of 45 minutes, shop elsewhere.)

Given Marie's experiences with T-Mobile, what to do? Tesco, probably, evil but cheap.

Do Waitrose do a mobile phone?

3 Comments:

  • I've been OK with EasyMobile so far, they're the cheapest pay as you go I think - 15p per minute to anyone, and 5p per text. And you don't have to use a bright orange (tangerine?) phone.

    By Blogger Marie, at 7:59 am  

  • Stalios?

    Allows you to keep your handset (not that I care) and your number (not that I care, but my wife might because she has actual friends). Sounds too good to be true. Top of my list if the NTL deal happens, thanks Marie.

    By Blogger bot37363838, at 8:16 am  

  • I can't be doing with mobiles. They're just counterintuitive now.

    I start typing in a number and end up tangled up in menu options without knowing which buttons correspond to which action.

    I was a fairly early adopter of mobile phones. Had one since '94 I think.

    But they've overtaken me now. My kids know which buttons to press.

    "Dad, you need to press the button with the red line on it..."

    Why? What international language of symbols does the red line exist in?

    Crazy.

    By Blogger SimonHolyHoses, at 8:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home