.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

December 08, 2005

More on Apple Aperture


In case you were tempted to get Aperture to try on a below-spec machine... don't!

Says it will run on a single-processor PowerBook G4 1.25GHz, but will not even install on a dual 867MHz G4 machine (with 1.25 GB RAM).

I'll report tomorrow with my findings on an iMac G5 1.8GHz.

=====

Update: Can't install at home yet, because Aperture requires 10.4.3 or higher. I've frozen my home system at 10.3.9 because I didn't want to update Pro Tools and because there's been nothing about Tiger (which I use at work) that I've missed.
So, this will have to wait till I update to Pro Tools 7 and Tiger.

1 Comments:

  • Indeed Aperture is very nice. I only got it last week and I'm already impressed by its fluidity and speed. It offers a ton of advanced options in a real easy and simple interface. I won't ever need to import pictures with iphoto, and I only ever use Photoshop for montage because Aperture does the job really well. Well done Apple.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home