.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

March 11, 2006

The Conversation

This completes the album, I reckon. I'm going to call the set St. R�émy, for obvious reasons.

It was an exercise in stripping out words but keeping the meaning.

15-20 years ago, this was a short story, then a long poem, then a poem set to music (don't ask!). I thought I'd lost the manuscript a long time ago (no great loss), but having discovered it again, I decided to strip it right down, which is what this is. In the end, there's only a couple of lines from the original left in it, but it feels (to me) pretty true to itself.

I'm pleased with this, because the meaning of the refrain changes with each verse, which is the kind of subtle shift I've always tried to go for, but rarely achieve. I enjoyed myself playing the organ, as usual. How much is one of those Hammond things? Hours of fun.

Click this link for an Alternative download
.


Powered by Castpost

1 Comments:

  • Chilled. I assume you'll be assembling the set into a CD? I like the section where the drums could have kicked in just under the 2 minut mark and instead it stays laid back.

    A nice unpredictable touch.

    By Blogger rashbre, at 5:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home