.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

May 22, 2006

Blunt Objects

Like many men, I have spent most of my adult life in search of the perfect shave. I'm always willing to experiment, so of course I popped a Wilkinson Sword Quattro Titanium in my trolley.

The problem with even the 3-blade razor is always the clogging. The blades are so close together that they get clogged with bristles, and it's v. difficult to flush them out, even with a pressure hose (and don't try running your fingers across them).

Imagine, then, the problems I was expecting with a 4-blade model. As above, but even more stubborn. Also, Wilkinson Sword put horizontal wires across the front of the blades, in a misguided effort to prevent nicks and cuts. It sort of works, but it does so at the expense of the closeness of the shave. It's one of those razors that leaves you looking like you still need a shave. Apologies for the multiple use of the word shave there.

The other problem with the 3- and 4-blade razors is around the nose and nostril area. These razors are too fat and unwieldy get into the difficult-to-reach places around the bottom of your nose. You either end up with a Hitler-style moustache problem, or you end up cutting yourself. In spite of the safety wires.

Nul points, is what I say. Back to the drawing board.

The best I've tried recently, notwithstanding nose and clogging problems, is the extreme3 disposables.

It's an expensive business, though. And I only shave once a week or so. Imagine the expense if I did it every day!

1 Comments:

  • You really need ot try the Wilkinson 6 blade XtraXtreme with Aloe Smoothstrip for razor burn, Prison-tection safety bars and Manuka-Heal skin damage protector.

    Over priced and out soon!

    By Blogger HolySwerve, at 4:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home