.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

May 18, 2006

MySpace Comment Translation

A lot of you have written to ask for help in understanding some of the comments that get added to people's pages on MySpace. I'm happy to oblige with some sample translations based on comments I have received.

They say You have a good style.
They mean All style and no substance. And not much style.

They say I will be checking out your music tonight when I get home from work
They mean We'll never speak of this again

They say Glad to have you as our friend/Thanks for adding me as your friend!!
They mean ... sucker. Now I can add an enormous graphic advertising my next album/gig

They say I really like your voice!
They mean ...er, everything else sounds horrible

They say You rock!!!
They mean I literally can't think of anything nice to say.

They say love the harmonica, I'm determined to learn how to play!
They mean ...maybe you should, too.

They say Great tunes!
They mean There are some great tunes elsewhere on MySpace

They say we wish you all the best with your music
They mean Yeah, good luck with that.

2 Comments:

  • …It might have been the designer, they never concentrate - always too busy commenting on blogs when they should really be paying attention to their day jobs.

    By Blogger HolySwerve, at 8:25 am  

  • Workshy fops....

    By Blogger patrische, at 9:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home