.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

February 01, 2005

Patron Saint of Mid-Life: Part 24 "Dear Karen..."

With deepest apologies for the sporadic nature of the publication, Patron Saint of Mid-Life: Part 24 "Dear Karen..." has just been published over at the other place.

I can't promise it won't happen again, but perhaps now I'm getting out from under the winter blues, I might be a bit more active.

In fairness to myself, and why not, I should point out that Parts 1-24 total around 33,000 words, which is about half what I'd consider an only slightly skimpy novel. If the target is 80 - 100,000 words, I'm over 1/3 of the way there. My problem with episodic publication is that I don't work best this way. My creative process involves frequently starting over from the beginning, adding bits here and there, writing a little bit further than I got the time before, and then rewriting from the beginning, and like that. So coming up with a new episode would normally entail writing the whole thing over from the start, which would take as long as these episodes are taking anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home