.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

April 07, 2006

Knowing Me Knowing You

Snaffled from BondWoman

“What you are supposed to do is copy this entire blog entry and paste it onto a new blog entry that you’ll post. Change all the answers so they apply to you, and then publish! Leave a comment if you do this. The theory is that you will learn a lot of little (random) things about your friends and readers, if you did not know them already.”

Sounds simple enough.

What time did you get up this morning?
7.15 am. Didi always comes into our room around quarter to 7 (or quarter to 6 in winter), and I switch on the radio and pull back the curtain to wake up.

Diamonds or pearls?
I am jewellery-free, myself, and rarely buy it for my wife, because I think it’s a colossal rip-off. I don’t mind spending the money. I just don’t want to spend the money on that. But pearls, probably.

What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Very good question. It was a very long time ago. Might have been I Heart Huckabees. I didn’t enjoy the experience, because cinemas are smelly and noisy places full of blaring noise and rowdy teens.

What is your favourite TV show?
I have lots of them, but probably Alias because it’s such a hoot and I was willing to pay for the DVD set of Season 4, because it hasn’t been shown

What do you usually have for breakfast?
Toast or crumpets, but I hate to have the same thing too many days in a row. This morning I had blackcurrant jam on toast, and got a bit of a Proustian Rush from it, because we used to have a HUGE blackberry bush in our garden back home, and my mum would make loads of jam every year.

Favourite cuisine?
Probably Italian, because pizza and pasta are things I can eat a lot of. Fish and chips only when it’s done proper, which is too rare.

What food do you dislike?
I don’t like fussy food, with lots of bits and pieces involved

What is your favourite CD at the moment?
Joy Lynn White, One More Time.

Morning or night person?
Definitely morning. I would like to start my working day early and finish at around 4. I never quite got over the culture shock of leaving school. I’d still like to be home in time for Blue Peter

Favourite sandwich?
A bit of baguette with a big lump of cheese

What characteristic do you despise?
People who take pride in ignorance

Favourite item of clothing?
Brightly coloured socks

If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would it be?
I immediately exclude anywhere that hasn’t invented the flush toilet yet. And anywhere it takes more than a couple of hours to reach by plane. I actually love the Vendée region of France, and I’d happily go there every year. If I was rich, I’d just go more often. I love it at the end of May, when the beaches are empty but the weather is still (often) fantastic.

What colour is your bathroom?
Now you’re asking. It’s not the sort of thing I notice.

Favourite brand of clothing?
A brand that isn’t a brand. Some of John Lewis’ own-brand stuff is okay.

Where would you retire to?
The Vendée, but not necessarily right on the coast, because I consider that a mug’s game.

What was your most memorable birthday?
My 8th. But birthday’s aren’t generally something I suffer from.

Favourite sport to watch?
Almost none of them. I certainly wouldn’t pay for one. Formula 1, but in the 70s, I reckon, when there was still room for gifted amateurs.

Who do you least expect to complete this?
Linda Riley. Or Bob Dylan.

Person you expect to complete it first?
I nominate Simon

Person who is least busy?
I want, “He wasn’t very busy” engraved on my gravestone.

When is your birthday?
December 3

What is your shoe size?
43, same as my age. Yikes!

Pets?
My kids have fish, and a neighbour’s cat thinks he lives with us, even though we don’t feed him or pay his vet’s bills.

Any new and exciting news you’d like to share with us?
Not today, but maybe soon.

What did you want to be when you were little?
Well, an astronaut or a racing driver. But realistically: a writer

What is your favourite flower?
Blue ones, like bluebells in woods and cornflowers in fields

What date on the calendar are you looking forward to?
None at the moment.

One word to describe the person who you snaffled this from?
Somebody I don’t know who has feet the same size as mine. Oh, that’s more than one word, sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home