.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

December 02, 2003

Chicken Himmler

A lot of you have written to ask whether I ever tried that Chicken Slick recipe I ranted on about in Octover.

It turns out I have. Sunday, after a roast hickie for lunch, I stripped off the spare meat, boiled the carcass with carrots n onions n stuff for stock, and set about making the slick dumplings, as directed.

First of all, there were far too many dumplings for the amount of stock (which was around 1.5 litres, or 5 cups in american parlage), and next of all, I decided at the last minute to scissor some flat leaf parsley into the soup. Which was a mistake, because it had obviously been in the firdge too long, and was overwhelmingly strong and nasty.

So the whole thing was ruined by the parsley, plus I prolly put too much of the white wine in, and then the slick dumplings weren't as I remembered them being.

Result: failure. And a very, very messy kitchen. Strange that the cheaper the food (it cost whatever the flour cost, which was pennies, and everything else was just hanging around in the kitchen), the messier it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home