.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

June 15, 2004

Stuck inside of Mobile...

After exhaustive research in my own record collection, here is the ultimate compo for that sub-genre of country music I was talking about the other day: the leaving-everything-behind genre. I could have cast my net wider than this and included songs about driving towards places, but that's a whole nother compo really, isn't it, so songs like "Two Days From Knowing For Sure" and "Four-Thirty" are excluded on the grounds of keeping it pure. Also there are songs about proposing a journey with a significant other, like "Heads Carolina, Tails California," and "Alabama Song," but these two are excluded. I limited myself to 10 tracks, because it keeps the riff raff out.

1. Shut Up And Drive - Chely Wright, from Let Me In
2. Georgia - Carolyn Dawn Johnson, from Room with a View
3. Ford Econoline - Nanci Griffith, from Lone Star State of Mind
4. Leaving Houston Blues - Bobbie Cryner, from Bobbie Cryner
5. A Little Past Little Rock - Lee Ann Womack, from Some Things I Know
6. Hello, I'm Gone - Trisha Yearwood, from Everybody Knows
7. Too Gone To Care - Joy Lynn White - from Wild Love
8. Cry On The Shoulder Of The Road - Martina McBride, from Wild Angels
9. The Knot Comes Untied - Sara Evans, from No Place That Far
10. Break Down Here - Julie Roberts, from Julie Roberts...

...which is where we came in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home