.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

April 07, 2005

After Tiger, the Future?

Thanks to Lewis for this link concerning hybridisation of big cats, among other things.

As G5 Desktop Macs become quite hard to find (...wonder why?), and we await the release of Mac OS X Tiger, inevitably, your mind turns to future developments, and (most importantly) which big cats they will name Mac OS iterations after in the future.

I would have thought the Apple Geeks would find a great deal of appeal in the Liger or the Tigon (and the Ti-Tigon), Leopons, Pumapards and so on. I'm delighted to learn that there's a stuffed Pumapard at the Tring natural history museum, which is quite near where I live. I went there many years ago, but all I remember are the two fleas which you looked through a magnifier at to see they were dressed like people.

Personally, I'd support a move away from cats, and I'd like to see product names like Beefalo, Zorse, or Zonkey. They could even swap the Z for an X, hmmm?




2 Comments:

  • tring: it's a name that always makes me smile. and i always kneejerkingly think of it as being in the west country until i remember.

    why would you want to dress up a flea in peoples' clothes?

    By Blogger roy, at 9:16 am  

  • Better link to hybrids including pics of pumapard and other big cat hybridshttp://members.aol.com/jshartwell/hybrid-cats.htm

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home