.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

July 27, 2005

The Crazy World of Arthur Dreams

When I'm in bed asleep and really really need a wee, I have anxiety dreams about trying to find a toilet.

Usually they involve me finding the toilet at some public location, and then rejecting all the available options due to lack of privacy and/or hygiene. So I'll find some Butlins-style concrete monstrosity, with a load of blocked traps and open views. That kind of thing. I'll seek a secluded alternative spot for a wee, but discover a forgotten angle that makes my transgression public in the worst possible way.

Then I wake up, and -- sweet relief -- use my own toilet, which is both unblocked and private. That'll teach me to drink two glasses of water before bed.

We're trying to night-toilet-train Didi at the moment. It's not going very well. She wets the bed every night (we're using Pampers Bed Mats to protect the mattress), and then spends the rest of the night in our bed, in a nappy - which so far she manages to keep dry. In other words, she's having one accident per night, at about 1-2 a.m.

Another thing about dreams is their cunning way with the pun.

Note that we are endeavouring to train Didi to sleep through the night. Last night's "I need a wee" dream found me on a train - unable to use the train toilet because it was occupied and/or blocked. The train stopped in a station and I hopped off to use a public loo, but I was too late and there were women using the Gents, because the Ladies was too busy.

So I went round the corner, to the back end of a residential street, and found a likely looking tree which was positioned close to a likely looking wall (privacy) - but just as I was setting up, a little girl came past and basically stood, walking on the spot, right next to the tree.

Of course, in dream language this was a message that Didi was in bed next to me, as I found when I woke up.

1 Comments:

  • hello! Just wanted to say that there are more of us out there that are having similiar dreams about finding a toilet to use. Weird right? So I decided to look it up what does it mean and why do i keep dreaming about it.

    I have compiled some links to interpretations and also links to other bloggers' accounts of their toilet themed dreams. :) If you are interested visit: searching4path. Just scroll through the posts you'll see links to the dream intepretations.

    Dream on, prehaps understanding them will enable us to improve our day life. Thanks for sharing.

    By Blogger Searcher, at 7:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home