.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hoses of the Holy in the Parallel Universe

August 03, 2005

We're all doomed

In both Rob's and Simon's absence I feel somewhat duty bound to take on the mantle of doom and gloom and the impending end of days.

So after previous posts noting the influx of migratory birds at the wrong time of year, tornados and heatwaves of tarmac melting proportions we had yet another incident this morning at work.

I noticed a disturbance at the group of desks adjacent to where I sit - four blokey blokes were panicking like my girlfriend does when she finds a spider in the bath.

It was a bee.

Now I love bees. I find them to be fascinating creatures but this fella was huge.

It looked like a sparrow on its way to a fancy dress party dressed as a bumblebee. One of my colleagues asked 'How can it fly?' with a genuine yearn in his voice to understand how on earth this freakishly huge honey-maker could actually stay up in the air.

Eventually it was caught and released back to the wild where its probably being shot at by irate farmers for worrying sheep.

Soon they will rule the earth and we will be naught but slaves to the mighty Bees - hiding of course from the tornados and flocks of ravenous migratory birds.

Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home